Morpace believes that in order to study consumers in their entirety, researchers must examine the influence of both psychological (e.g., values, emotions, and motivations) and contextual factors (e.g., social groups and cultural settings) on their attitudes and behaviors.
Hence, our analytical consultants use cutting edge methodological procedures from the fields of cognitive and social psychology, cognitive linguistics, and behavioral economics to discover the “whys” of consumer attitudes and behaviors. They provide expert consultation in the design, execution, analysis, and interpretation of consumer psychology research. Morpace’s areas of expertise include:
- Consumer decision making and choice (e.g., discrete choice modeling)
- Consumer responses (attitudinal, emotional, and behavioral) to marketing stimuli (e.g., advertising, pricing, and package testing)
- Consumer behavior (e.g., information seeking, shopping process, and product/ service usage)
- Consumer values
- Social and cultural identity
Enhanced insights into the motivations and dynamics of consumer behavior are provided through Morpace’s Cognitive Analytics™ – a toolbox containing a number of questionnaire batteries and approaches designed to provide greater insight into the underlying drivers of consumer preference and choice.
Our consultants also use cutting edge methodological procedures from the field of anthropology to uncover insights on the “where” and “how” of consumer behaviors. This includes expert consultation in the design, execution, analysis, and interpretation of ethnographic and environmental psychology research.
Related to consumer psychology our other areas of expertise include:
- Ethnographic-based observational research
- Lifestyle analysis
- Social network analysis